Today many different vegetation indices exists. But they haven't been arranged all together in one document and could not be selected by specific queries. An Index-Data-Base (IDB) could be an useful tool to find indices for a required application, adapted to a selected sensor.
On this site you find a database of remote sensing indices and satellite sensors. Available bands of sensors are linked with required wavelenghts of indices, so that one can get all sensors usable for calculating an index and vice versa one can find all indices that can be calculated by data from a specific sensor. In the index formula wavelengths are substituted by corresponding sensor bands. Furthermore index and sensor data is enriched by applications and bibliografic references.
Query the Database
- Show Indices for selected Sensor
- Show Indices for selected Application
- Show Indices for selected Sensor and Application
- Show Sensors for selected Index
- Show Sensors for selected Application
- Show Bands for selected Sensor
List of available data
- List of available Indices
- List of available Sensors
- List of available Applications
- List of References
- Visualisation of Sensor Bands
- Visualisation of required Index Wavelengths